I wish I had taken a photo when it first was frosted, but it was so good, we didn't even wait for it to cool fully before diving in. Served with whipped cream and raspberries.
- YIELD: 18 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with the breadcrumbs.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and lemon extract, beating until well-blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; beat 30 seconds. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle glaze over top of cake.
via cooking light.